Monday, August 16, 2010

keeping promises

I hate making promises I cant keep. Even if that promise is to write a new blog post every Monday. Its Monday...you deserve that promised post..even if its going to be about nothing.
(how about that for an attention getter opening sentence that will make you want to read on)


This past weekend I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid in one of my best friends wedding. For the first time in 2+ years all of our close girlfriends ( there are 8 of us) got to see each other. So much has changed. 1 ( and the first to be married almost 3 years ago) has a baby boy who is going on 2. Our second bride, has been a world traveler and made it to Michigan from London. Our third bride is expecting a baby girl in October, and our 4th bride will be taking a luxurious vacay in Australia after a beautiful wedding. Needless to say, Im friends with cool people. We also joke that the remaining 4 are going to be creating a nice gap in time, so unlike the past 4 reunions for weddings, we will be going on an all girls cruise sometime next year :)

With great reunions come some separations. That is the separation between me and the store. I have no idea how mothers leave their children after spending months with them on maternity leave...yes, I realize Im comparing something perfectly un-human, like a store, to a very different human with feelings, emotions and needs, like a child, but Im pretty sure Sugar Snap Pea has become my baby.

I was very grateful to find someone who was willing to babysit but most importantly, put up with my hovering like a bad helicopter over them, and texting them in 20 minute intervals.

In fact, everyone joked that I would be taking work calls while the bride walked down the isle....that did not happen, I promise :)

Everything went smoothly, some things still remain a question ( like why your store alarm goes of) but most importantly I learned that sales will still go on, even if Im not there.

So while it was good to get away, it was so great to be back. I feel ready to continue on with Sugar Snap Pea and bring you all different services and items. Stay tuned, great things are coming ahead!






No comments:

Post a Comment