Saturday, July 3, 2010

oh that thing? thats just my store.


So some of you may have seen me run around like a crazy lady waiving my hands up and down...some of you have seen me asking for a bag to breathe in....many of you have seen different sides and emotions. All of you were lucky to witness at least one. For that, I thank you.

Its been VERY VERY long, standing still, if you will, 6 months. On friday I was given a key to my new ...ahem...sugar snap pea's new home! Thats right folks, sugar snap pea is happily moving out of my apartment and is taking over a beautiful space on Charleston's busy shopping street-- King street.

There are soo many of you that have been there for me in so many different ways, and I can go on for days and months thanking everyone, but I hope you all know how grateful I am for each and every one of you.

So since my goal opening date is July 21st--my moms birthday (i'm hoping she will find this cute and wont want an actual present ;) ) I had to hit the ground running, and let me tell you, the past 24 hours haven't been slow.

I know I mentioned earlier, that I wanted to share on this blog not just what sugar snap pea has to offer, but also, what steps I had to take, to make sugar snap pea into a reality. So stay tuned, business savvy people...or just people who dont mind my blahbing.

However, today I wanted to share about my last 24 hours. After getting my key around 10:37am friday morning,(if you're in charleston and need a great real estate agent, who will not think you're crazy for emailing him daily multiple times for 5 months..ok, who will not OPENLY admit that you're crazy, but has full right to think you are, let me know!!)
10:39am my friend Candice, or as I lovingly would like to call her, "when i have no words she explains me to contractors" and I layed out the store. ( I had about 489 pictures and ideas, she had to have several "talks" with me to make me come to some sensible conclusion)
I met with construction (aprox 12:30)
furniture builders (1:15)
city of charleston (3:45pm),
home depot( 4:45) and rushed home to throw an impromtu girls dinner party (5:55pm).

Today, started around 5:30am, when my brave friends Mr. and Mrs. Stockman showed up at my store at 6:00am for a little demolition. You WANT to be friends with these people. They brought everything you may want for a little fun game of "ripping out 20 year old carpet and painting 1000 square feet" of tricky space. Im pretty sure they have 1 of everything you may find at Home Depot and Lowes combined.

Our first project was to cover all the windows so that people would be intrigued about seeing something new and exciting going into a previously empty space. As we were covering the store, morning joggers asked us what is going in, and were happy to hear sugar snap pea's catchy name. Second, and very important step, was to get an AC guy to check out a potential moldy situation. Luckily we passed that inspection with flying colors and I can safely say that were good to go! ( once the gross carpet is outta there).

Per the lovely picture, you'll see my very well coordinated outfit for this great project day. I knew sorority flip flops would come in handy 5 years after graduating and well, who doesnt like to show off their 1998 bandana. (I haven't seen that thing since 98, I swear!) Don't mind the expensive leather gloves...better than touching the gross carpet (mom, I live in the south, please don't add gloves to my christmas list)

space available? NOPE! TAKEN!!!



Another brave friend showed up and sniffed some fumes and helped me make a grey wall look white and fresh. Thank you Bethany! While I wanted to do EVERYTHING today, 12 hours later I couldn't feel my right arm. It was time to give in and go see a tear jerker=toy story 3. I am happy to say I didn't cry....much.


So with that, I leave you with a picture of the space as it was this AM at 6. More painting coming up, a fun Ikea trip and of course, the beautiful new floors on wednesday! Stay tuned, July 21st is right around the corner!!!











4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Zhenya!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo excited for you! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking great!! Can't wait to see some more pics :) I'll have some fun proofs for you to check out tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z I'm so excited for you! Hoping to be able to come and visit soon!

    ReplyDelete