Monday, May 17, 2010

something extra special-must have!




When I first started to think about opening a store, I visited a show in Chicago. There, in passing, I met a young lady who caught my eye with something very unique and special. Her art wall design had a very clean and modern feel, however she understood how to capture something that can be timeless as well.

In my true stalking abilities, I decided that once I open Sugar Snap Pea, I absolutely have to have her work in my store. So, 7 months later, I reached out to the owner of Hoot Designs Co.

While Kristen specializes in other categories besides babies (cue to all my wedding and decor field friends), her special baby prints are just adorable.

The name of the game is simple. You can either purchase a pre-made print, OR you can order a special print with a special meaning for each letter. ( A is for Aunt Lori, etc) I already have a special place in my store for a print for Sugar Snap Pea, however, I still need to come up with some letters. As you can imagine, my store is going to be a very special part of my life, so I am dedicating this "baby print" to SSP.

So, those of you who want to take a stab at some letter recognition, sent me a note, and maybe your idea will end up on the final work!! I think letter Z is already taken :)

If you are expecting or thinking about a great gift, start thinking about your alphabet, because once SSP opens, we will be taking orders!!






No comments:

Post a Comment